Our Theology of Mission
We are in mission to witness to what God has done and is doing, and to learn from what God is doing in every land where disciples gather in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our Four Mission Goals
- Make disciples of Jesus Christ;
- Strengthen, develop, and renew Christian congregations and communities;
- Alleviate human suffering;
- Seek justice, freedom, and peace.
Local Programs We Support
- Cherokee County Ministerial Association Relief Fund
- United Way of Clay and Cherokee Counties
- Hurlbut-Johnson Friendship House
- R.E.A.C.H of Cherokee County
- The Sharing Center – A ecumenical food pantry located in our church.
- Murphy Hope – our poverty initiative which offers long-term wrap around support to under-resourced families seeking opportunities.
Regional and National Programs We Support
International Programs We Support
- Project Agape Armenia – ministry to Armenia and to some of our most desperate Christian brothers and sisters — is a collaborative effort of the North Carolina and the Western North Carolina Conferences of The United Methodist Church in a joint effort with the Armenian Apostolic Church.
- ZOE Project–We are all excited about our new international mission opportunity. Our congregation has adopted a group of orphans from Liberia as they pursue a path to better lives.
Faith Empowerment Group, Gibi District, Liberia, January 2019 – December 2021 In Shared Partnership with FUMC Murphy and an anonymous donor
For inquiries about our mission and outreach programs, please email or call us.