Making the invisible visible: unfinished business
Learning from our history and leaning into our future regarding race and reconciliation in Western North Carolina
Join in the conversation by participating in a 4-part webinar sponsored by Murphy First United Methodist Church. The webinar will be presented by Ann Miller Woodford, local artist, historian and author of When All God’s Children Get Together on four consecutive Sundays in March at 4pm. The 4-part webinar will cover the topics of:
- An overview and context of race and racial disparity, March 7th
- A racial history in western North Carolina, March 14th
- White privilege—what is it and why it matters, March 21st
- Next steps—what can we do to make a change, March 28th
Each hour-long webinar session will begin with Ann’s presentation of the topic and end with a question/answer period where participants may post questions in the chat for Ann to address. To enroll in the webinar, contact the church at email@example.com. When you register, please consider including answers to the following questions: 1) Why are you choosing to participate in these sessions?; and 2) What is one question you bring with you?
Trustee On Call for February: Blake Hughes – 828-557-3354
SPECIAL NOTICE: until North Carolina lifts the restrictions on meetings, our worship services will be conducted virtually via YouTube and Facebook and is currently limited to 10 participants. To reserve a spot for in-person Sunday worship, call the church office. For the status of group and committee meetings, please contact your group leader.
For special announcements and information from Pastor Wil, please click on this link.
To view the volunteer rotation schedules, click on this link.
To view the January/February issue of The Upper Room, click on this link.
To view the FUMC Communicator Newsletters, click on the link below:
- FUMC Communicator, January 2020
- FUMC Communicator, February 2020
- FUMC Communicator, March 2020
- FUMC Communicator, April 2020
- FUMC Communicator, May 2020
- FUMC Communicator, June 2020
- FUMC Communicator, July 2020
- FUMC Communicator, August 2020
- FUMC Communicator, Sept 2020
- FUMC Communicator, Oct 2020
- FUMC Communicator, Nov 2020
- FUMC Communicator, Dec 2020
- FUMC Communicator, January, 2021
- FUMC Communicator, February 2021